We have had a great time in Hong Kong. We mostly did the typical tourist stuff (big open air bus tour, exploring shopping malls, getting used to the subway system and of course eating). To quote Joely K: "Hong Kong is like Chinatown in San Fransisco, except you can never get out".
Tim has finally met his hero Bruce! We had to go all the way to the top of Victoria Peak, but it was well worth it!
"Sometimes, you just need a little candy" said Tim. This was probably the highlight for Joely so far!
After a really steep tram ride, we were treated to this breathtaking view from the top of Victoria peak. Awesome.
Hong Kong is clearly the shopping and food mecca for many. We learned the average person spends $700 per day here. So far, the typical Kam cheapness has continued to flourish. No designer bags, cars or pricey fashions for us. Net expenditures for four people over three days has not cracked $400 according to Tim's accounting. Keeping it real!!!
We are off to find some dim sum, then board the train to China later this afternoon. Will post from there. Hope all is well back home!
I love keeping up with your adventures! What a gorgeous city! What a lucky girl that Joely is, seeing so many fun places at such a young age. Keep posting, I'm living vicariously through your fun family!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you and your family. Love hearing all your stories...Zumba is not the same without you. I keep looking for you to see your smile or get some help and you're not there. Then I think of you an what you might be doing and get so distracted, I make a mistake in my steps. Opps typical for me. Hurry home with your family,
ReplyDeleteBarbara
What an exciting adventure! I love hearing about it.
ReplyDelete