Tuesday, September 25, 2012

We are home

Well, everyone, we made it.  Safe and sound back at home.  I have to say it is really good to be home.  I will post some pictures later.  Just wanted to give a brief update of our status, since I have received some panicky emails from my family!

We arrived at SFO to our dear friend and neighbor.  He caught some great pictures of our family stumbling out of the baggage terminal...giddy with lack of sleep, too many pineapple buns, and joy at being on solid ground.  Once we arrived home, we discovered our house had been beautifully decorated and CLEANED by our dear friends.  What a blessing.  PLUS a delicious meal was waiting for our 3 am dining pleasure.  Awesome.

Charlie and Joely are doing well together.  Joely is starting to warm up to the idea of having a little sister.  Today she said, "I think it is actually ok to have a little sister now."  Phew.  She likes to play with Charlie, and has done a great job at getting back into the swing of school.

Charlie is exploring all over the house.  She has opened up every cupboard and has spread stuff all over the place.  She is really good natured, and has even started teasing me.  She hides behind the wall and then looks at me with a giant smile like "peek a boo".  Very cute.  The bad news is she does not sleep well after 12 am.  Phew.  Tim and I have spent a lot of time rocking her in our arms, getting her to sleep while we pace the master bedroom walk in closet.  Tonight Tim told her in Cantonese that she does not need to be scared here and that Mama and Baba will be here all night and into the morning. She seemed to understand and nodded her head.  Then she went to sleep.  Please pray that she stays asleep all night.

I want to thank all of you for your kind and encouraging words on this journey.  It meant a lot to have a large and loving support group pushing for us back home.  I think we will keep the blog going with our progress and upcoming medical appointment information, etc.  I hope it will not be obnoxious, merely informative!  I will also put up some pictures of our girls at home soon.  Love love love, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment