I'm sure we all have scabies. I just want to come home and take a bath in a mass amount of medication.
It's so interesting, I'm seeing so many similarities between Charlotte and Joely. Chacha likes to put her feet on people's laps just like Joely did when she was little, pulls her hair when she's tired and has that same quiet observant personality.
Chacha is blossoming right before our eyes. She's talking and chatterering. I can't understand anything she's saying but it's fun. She's feeding herself and yesterday after her first bite of broccoli she pointed excitedly to it for more. And she laughs big laughs as of today. It's so awesome!
It is wedding central here. Gobs and gobs of bridal photos with the most awkward poses. Also fashion models galore in wool coats and ski hats in the heat and humidity.
We're headed to the US consulate tomorrow morning but there is a potential protest in front of the consulate too. We need your prayers the all goes smoothly at the consulate. We really need big prayers that none of us get sick. Each of us getting run down and feeling off and my brain is going through all the worst case scenarios . We just want to come home!
This is not one of my most upbeat posts. On a cool note, Tim got to visit not only his mother's village but also his father's. He saw some family and was able to see the sites of both of their childhood homes. It was a highlight for Tim.
So off to bath and sleeping. Charlotte is wiped out. Hopefully no walking the halls tonight!
Chacha wiping her own face for the first time.
Scabies, Shmabies. Go team Kam!
ReplyDeleteI can see the light at the end of that tunnel...you're SO close to your comfort zone! Hang in there, it'll all happen. I'm sure of it!! Hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteFor some reason, ivemissed all your posts. But...I just read through all and I feel like I'm right there with you! And I am right there with you. You are int thoughts and prayers. Hoping for a smooth wrap up and departure. God speed.
ReplyDeleteOh no! Scabies! We had them too in Kazakhstan. Can you get a hold of some Permethrin over there? So sorry you got them. But Charlotte is beautiful and looks liek she is settling in just great! Can't wait to meet her in person!!
ReplyDelete